Sunday, July 24, 2011

Owl Baby Shower

Recently my sisters and mom hosted a baby shower for our cousin Jesi. I designed the invitation copying my sister Heather and Tiny Prints. The owls came from a kit by Holly Brooke Jones and the papers are from Persnickety Prints in their freebie section.

We made lettuce wraps using recipes from Sunny Anderson and Our Best Bites.

Cowboy Caviar was made by Heather. Idon't have her recipe but its a delightful mixture of avocados, black eyed peas, tomatoes, cilantro etc. The recipe I use calls for black beans which is a nice addition. 

Cupcake toppers made by Sweeten Your Day. I won them from a giveaway at Kara's Party Ideas. The cupcake stand was found in my parent's backyard. 

These little disasters are supposed to be chocolate covered rice krispie owls.  Make the rice krispie treats as usual, cut out with a cookie cutter, dip in choc and add eyes. 

Here is the full spread. Don't you love the cupcake stands? Most of the plates, jars and owl figures are from thrifting.

Erica made this wreath and my mom made the owl pillow using a tutorial from Toad's Treasures.

Guests filled little treat bags full of sweets as a favor. 
I used a free printable set from TomKat Designs for the favor tags and food labels. In Photoshop, I changed the colors to match the invitation and used the same owl from our invitation.


Can't forget a picture of the cute mom-to-be



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ah, your owl is so cute! What a great shower!
Emily
Toad's Treasures