Wednesday, August 4, 2010

{DIY} Ribbon Photo Board


This project cost me about $7 to make. I actually cheated. Eek! I went to my local DI {awesome thrift store} and found a ribbon board that was already made for $2...except that it was all wrong-blue gingham fabric with matching ribbon and hideous furniture tacks {sorry, no before pictures}.


I purchased some faux silk dupioni for about $3. Using a stapler, I attached the material. I used some ribbon that I had laying around, which is about 50 cents a yard. I hot glued the ribbon to the back, pulling it taut.

I have not decided if I am going to put buttons or jewels where the ribbons intersect. I will see what I can find!

If you are unlucky and have to start from scratch, find some wood {old cork board or scrap wood, etc.}, cover it with batting using the stapler and then cover the batting with some fab fabric. Such an easy, cheap project.

**I have also seen these framed, which looks absolutely beautiful. That's if you want to go the extra mile. I am not willing to ;)

No comments: