Thursday, August 19, 2010

Lamp Shade Redo

This is my only before picture. I bought this lamp on KSL for $5 and sprayed the silver base black. The lamp shade was damaged but I had planned to recover it anyways. 
Almost 3 hours of my life lost and I have this recovered lamp shade to show for it.
I used a hot glue gun, which was not the greatest of ideas because I burned all of my fingers several times. I used the left over fabric from my Ribbon Photo Board
I did a really bad job cutting the edges so I decided to line the  inside of the lamp with some black ribbon I had around. 
Here is an up close picture of the little fabric rosettes I used to
decorate the lamp shade. This is my favorite part. I learned how to make the flowers from Rhonna Farrer. I got the idea to use said flowers on the lampshade from Just a Girl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there outstanding blog! Does running a blog such as this take a large amount of work?
I've virtually no knowledge of computer programming but I was hoping to start my own blog in the near future. Anyhow, should you have any ideas or tips for new blog owners please share. I understand this is off subject nevertheless I simply needed to ask. Thank you!

Feel free to surf to my web page acoustic guitar a chord