Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Beachy Flag {Tutortial}

We recently installed beadboard with a small shelf in my bathroom.I thought this beachy flag from The Lettered Cottage would be perfect


I took some left over 2" pre-primed MDF and glued them together. 


I let it sit for about 5 minutes then screwed in 2 other left over pieces of MDF to the back 


I then painted it Swiss Coffee {Behr}and Blue Hubbard {Sherwin Williams color mixed in RL}

I sanded it a bit then added pencil star fish and here is the final project: 



Shelf Decor Cost: 
Jute covered bottle, $3 for a roll at WalMart

White frame with rope, already had
"Flag", already had the materials
Pencil star fish, $12 from Ebay
Gray picture frame, $1.50 from D.I. {a brand new IKEA frame!}
Picture frame at the very end, already had
Total cost: $16.50