Saturday, January 22, 2011

2011 Home Goals

I am a little late for Nester's Home Goals Party but I want to get this on record. Some of these are lofty ideas but a girl can wish. My first goal is important to accomplish because it will lead to my second goal.

Source

First, I need a shed. At this point I don't know what size, shape or color but it is a must for me to clean out the garage. My second goal is to make my garage look like this:

Source
 Okay, my garage won't really look like that but I plan on trashing, organizing, painting, pouring concrete steps (currently wood steps), putting down an epoxy floor, and adding a little mud room area like this:

Source
Another goal is to finish the master bedroom. I started painting the walls white and Blue Hubbard (Sherwin Williams), but I have not finished so there are some areas of my old paint- yellow (yuck!). Here is my inspiration:
Source
 My room is not quite this large but I do plan on copying it somewhat. My walls will have the same wainscoting detail with Blue Hubbard above the white. I am keeping my cherry wood sleigh bed and matching nightstands (unless I can miraculously find some cute pedestal nightstands for cheap). I have a beautiful new flat screen on the wall directly across from the bed so now all I need is a cute dresser to go under it. I hope to be able to reveal this room by April. Not sure how long I can stand looking at my tri-colored walls.

My fourth goal is to add some wainscoting to the front room like this:

Source
My fifth goal is to de-clutter my entire house. I hate hate hate clutter and when I start to feel clutterphobic I start throwing stuff away. Thank goodness my house hasn't ever looked like this!
Source
My sixth goal is to add crown molding to my main bathroom and frame around the mirror similar to House of Smiths

Source

Photobucket

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I would love a garage that looked like that but Brian would never go for it. He's got to have one room that's his..right? Oh and my daughter is doing her mirrors like The House of Smith too. She loves that blog too!