Monday, September 13, 2010

DIY Bench

I recently came across Ana White who builds furniture and provides step-by-step tutorials on how you can do it too. With the help of my husband, I decided to make this bench. We had some *free* wood from a friend's torn down out-building that I was dying to use. 



We did not have a piece wide enough to follow Ana's exact dimensions, so we (meaning Brad) came up with some new ones and made it into a child's bench!


We glued and nailed as recommended by Ana.


Here is the final product before and after paint. 
Took us less than 1 hour to cut and assemble. 
So far this project didn't cost us anything. I already had the black paint on hand. 
I will probably spend $5 on some vinyl lettering so I can personalize this for a special small person ;)

1 comment:

Erica said...

lol some special small person :) :) it looks good. great job.