Monday, September 20, 2010

Halloween Candy Display



I have always wanted to buy a bunch of cute apothecary jars and fill them with candy. I love Juicy Couture and they just happen to have candy jars all over their stores! (not to mention I LOVE candy in general!) I saw a cute idea at the House of Smiths and wanted to give it a try. You will notice that I pretty much copy-catted her. What can I say? 
We have some tasty treats here: worms, eyes. deadly morsels, hollowed frog eyes and witch's sticks!
The large apothecary jar was purchased for $12 from the Wandering Wardrobe (consignment shop) and filled with 3.5 pounds of gum balls from Gygi for about $9. The small apothecary jar was purchased some time ago for $1.50 at DI. I purchased the other 3 jars just recently from DI for $4 total. Don't even ask me how much money I spend on the other candy because I don't want to know. 

I used some grass from a previous project and a tray I found in my basement.





BTW, I am loving Dessert Buffets, especially anything by Amy Atlas. She has a really cute Halloween one too! Go HERE and look at picture 21.  

1 comment:

Heather said...

I wish I could decorate like that. It would all be gone in a matter of hours, I am certain!